Community Action Grants provide residents and local groups the opportunity to explore innovative ideas through community projects.
As a joint initiative between the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development and the Office of Supervisor John Avalos, our Community Action Grants will range in size from $500 to $5,000, with projects started after July 1, 2016 and completed by June 30, 2017. Grants will be awarded to individuals or Community Based Organizations whose proposals seek to accomplish the following objectives:
- To quickly generate improvements in the quality of life within the Excelsior community.
- To involve a diverse array of your fellow neighbors and community groups in improving life within the neighborhood.
- To establish unique, original projects in the Excelsior community; this funding is not to support established programs.
- To provide additional information and insights from the community that can feed into the current Excelsior Community Planning Process.
- Help nurture the stature of the neighborhood city-wide.
- Encourage new applicants to apply for seed funding for pilot programs.
Grants awards should work towards the following to priority areas:
- Community Vitality/Celebrate Cultural Diversity
- Economic Development and Jobs
- Education and Youth
- Health and Safety
- Housing and Land Use