Community Action Grants provide residents and local groups the opportunity to explore innovative ideas through community projects.
Funded through the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development, the Excelsior
Collaborative Community Action Grants will award up to $5,000 to projects to be started after
November 1st, 2017 and completed by June 15th, 2018. The grants will put funds into the hands
of community members to accomplish the following objectives:
- Quickly generate improvements in the quality of life within the Excelsior community.
- Involve a diverse array of your fellow neighbors and community groups in improving life within the neighborhood.
- Introduce or enhance elements that are unique to ongoing or original projects in the Excelsior community.
- Support ongoing or established projects which will be considered at a maximum funding level of $2,500.
- Provide additional information and insights from the community that can feed into the current Excelsior Community Planning Process.
- Help nurture the stature of the neighborhood city-wide.
- Support Excelsior Collaborative strategic initiatives: Community Vitality/Celebrate Cultural
Diversity; Economic Development and Jobs; Education and Youth; Health and Safety; Housing and Land Use.
- Encourage new applicants to apply for seed funding for pilot programs.
Grant awards should work towards the following priority areas:
- Economic Development and Jobs
- Education and Youth
- Outreach and Recruiting
View Scoring Rubric HERE